Effective Date: March 27, 2018
Collection of Information:
We may collect the following kinds of information about you through your use of the Site or Platform Services:
Information You Provide Directly To Us.
Information We Collect Automatically.
When you access or use the Platform Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the page you visited before navigating to the Platform Services, and Project bids.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Platform Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Platform Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Platform Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Platform Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Cookies" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Platform Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, publicly available sources, and prohibited persons lists.
How We Use Your Information:
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Platform Services;
- Provide our services, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Match GlobalWonks clients with users of the Site;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Ensure compliance with our Terms of Service, including but not limited to identifying and preventing misuse, inappropriate behavior, fraud, or any criminal activity;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by GlobalWonks and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Platform Services;
- Personalize and improve the Platform Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user account profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Share Your Information:
- With vendors, consultants, third party payment processors and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by logging into your GlobalWonks account and updating your account settings;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of GlobalWonks or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among GlobalWonks and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
GlobalWonks may share the biographical and work history information of Wonks with GlobalWonks clients, and Wonks agree that they will notify GlobalWonks in advance of your engagement by GlobalWonks as a consultant if there is any special sensitivity regarding the handling or sharing of your personal information.
Advertising and Analytics Services:
Modifying and Reviewing your Data:
You have the right to review, change and delete information about you at any time. You can do so by editing your profiles on the Site or emailing us at email@example.com. Deleting all your information may result in account deactivation. You can choose to have your account deleted from the system by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
We take the protection of your information seriously and use reasonable measures designed to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information. Additionally, we are not responsible for the confidentiality of any information and content created and shared between users of the Site when they agree to share any such information. Users who choose to share any information with other users of the Site are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of that data in accordance with our Terms of Service.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the Platform Services. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Platform Services.
Links to Other Websites and Applications:
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers transmit "Do-Not-Track" signals to websites. The Site does not currently respond to browser "Do-Not-Track" requests.
We may send you periodic promotional or informational e-mails. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 5 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving e-mails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account on the Site or the Platform Services.
Your California Privacy Rights:
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out of having your information shared with third parties for direct marketing, please log in to your GlobalWonks account and update your preferences in your account settings.
No part of the Platform Services or Site is directed to persons under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to the Platform Services.